Apply for an Irish visa
You may need a visa to come to Ireland or to transit through on your way to another destination. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the right visa before you travel. Check if you need a visa for Ireland.
Short stay visas (apply online)
Long stay visas (apply online)
Apply for a visa to leave Ireland for a short period (eg for a holiday) if you live here & have a valid Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).
Transit visas (apply online)
Multiple entry & single entry visas
Multiple entry visas are approved in limited circumstances and only if justified by an application.
If you have questions, contact us.
Updated: 20 January 2017
Tell us about any issues on this page
If you find a problem with this page, email email@example.com
More about this topic
- Instructions for online visas
- Re-Entry Visas
- Short Stay Visas (less than 3 months)
- I have been granted a visa for Ireland
- If I get permission to work in Ireland can my spouse/children come with me/join me later?
- Apply for a visa – how to apply
- Exam Visa
- Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens
- Join Ship
- Minister of Religion
- Long Stay Visas (More than 3 months)
- Business Visa
- Employment (Permits etc.)
- Single/Multi Entry Visas
- Information for Conference Organisers
- Employment (Atypical Working Scheme)
- Conference/Event Visa
- Visit (Family/Friends)
- Employment (Scientific Researcher)
- Join Family
- Marriage/Civil partnership Visa
- Visit Tourist
- Employment (Van der Elst)
- Lay Volunteer
- Transit Visas
- Medical Treatment
- Visas for visiting Ireland for transit required passports
- Transit visa for Ireland