YOU MUST USE THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE FORM TO MAKE AN APPLICATION.
Applications received on old versions of the form will be returned.
The current versions of the application forms for a certificate of naturalisation can be found below.
New Address for Citizenship Applications
For LODGING NEW APPLICATIONS ONLY the address is:
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
PO Box 73
For ALL OTHER CITIZENSHIP CORRESPONDENCE the address is:
Department of Justice and Equality Office
There are four different naturalisation application forms:
- Form 8 Ver (Size 323KB) should be completed by all applicants aged 18 or over.
- should be completed by a naturalised parent on behalf of their minor child.
- Form 10 (Size 1058KB) should be completed by the parent/guardian on behalf of their minor child who has an Irish Association. This is an eForm, which must be completed electronically.
- should be completed by a parent/guardian on behalf of a minor born in the state for naturalisation as an Irish Citizen. You must have 5 years reckonable residence since the birth of your child i.e. your child should be at least 5 years of age when you make this application. This is an eForm, which must be completed electronically.
Other Citizenship Forms
- Declaration under section 28A of the Act of 1956, by a parent, with periods of residence in Northern Ireland, of a person not of full age in respect of whom a certificate of nationality is being sought under section 28 of that Act.
- Declaration of citizenship by a person of full age, born in the Island of Ireland, its islands or seas, who has lodged a declaration of alienage under Section 21 of the 1956 Act.
- Annual registration and declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship by a naturalised Irish citizen residing outside Ireland.
- Declaration of alienage by a person of full age.