Applying For a Visa
For details on the various topics available in this section, please select from the links below
- Does my child need a seperate Visa to travel with me?
- What is a visa?
- How long does it take to process an application?
- Can I come to Ireland to work?
- I will be travelling to, or I am already in, another country on a short visit before travelling to Ireland. Can I apply for my Irish visa in the Irish Embassy/Consulate there?
- How long will my visa be valid for?
- I hold a valid UK Visa, do I need an Irish visa to travel to the Republic of Ireland?
- How much does an Irish Visa application cost?
- Do I qualify for a Van der Elst Visa
- Can my application be processed more quickly?
- I am an Irish national. My spouse is a visa required national. Does s/he need a visa to visit/live in Ireland?
- How do I check the progress of my application?
- Will my visa be valid for multiple trips to Ireland?
- If I get a Study Visa can my spouse/children join me in Ireland?
- I live in Northern Ireland and hold a valid UK visa. Do I need an Irish visa to enter the Republic even on a short trip?
- Will the documents I submit be returned to me
- I hold a valid Schengen Visa, do I need an Irish visa to come to the Republic of Ireland?
- Can I come to Ireland to study?
- Will an Irish visa allow me to travel to Northern Ireland?
- I have no previous travel history to Ireland but it would be more convenient for me to have a multi-entry visa. Is this possible?
- Will my spouse be permitted to work?