Form 10 - Application for a certificate of naturalisation for a minor of Irish descent
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
APPLICATIONS FOR A CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION ON BEHALF OF A MINOR BASED ON IRISH DECENT OR IRISH ASSOCIATIONS CAN BE MADE BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP GRANTED IN THE COURTS OF THIS STATE). IF LEGAL GUARDIAN IS APPLYING PLEASE SUBMIT COURT PAPERS.
PLEASE RE-CHECK THE APPLICATION FORM AND ENSURE THAT ALL QUESTIONS ON THE FORM HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. (THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE RETURNED IF ALL QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED)
PLEASE ENCLOSE ALL THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH THE APPLICATION FORM (YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED IF THE DOCUMENTATION IS NOT SUBMITTED OR IF SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE REQUESTED INFORMATION).
- Certified copy of long form civil birth certificate for minor (must be certified to be a true copy by a solicitor) and certified translation if applicable. (must be translated by a certified translator and certified to be a true copy by a solicitor).
- Section 16(2) defines Irish associations as meaning ‘related by blood affinity or adoption to a person who is an Irish citizen’. You must submit documentation proving your Irish association or Irish decent as stated in question 3.4.
- Copy of letter granting refugee status to the minor if applicable.
- School letters from each school attended by your child from their date of arrival to date of application. The school letters must show enrolment dates and periods of attendance.
- If the minor does not have school letters to show that he/she attended school for 3 years (as the minor was not of school going age) then please submit the following:
- A letter from Social and Family Affairs stating that you are in receipt of child benefit for the minor child and when payment commenced.
- A letter from your doctor stating that the minor is registered with the practice, date first registered and dates the child attended.
Please post completed application form and all requested documentation to:
Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform,
The full text above is available here in Form 10 Information Leaflet(PDF SIze 39KB)
Revised February 2009