Form 9 - Application for a certificate of naturalisation for a minor
Application is made by parent/guardian.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
APPLICATIONS BY A NATURALISED CITIZEN FOR A CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION ON BEHALF OF A MINOR CAN BE MADE BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP GRANTED IN THE COURTS OF THIS STATE). IF LEGAL GUARDIAN IS APPLYING PLEASE SUBMIT COURT PAPERS.
PLEASE NOTE YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS RESIDENCE IN THE STATE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF APPLICATION.
PLEASE RE-CHECK THE APPLICATION FORM AND ENSURE THAT ALL QUESTIONS ON THE FORM HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. (THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE RETURNED IF ALL QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED)
PLEASE ENCLOSE ALL THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS (THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED IF THE DOCUMENTATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM).
- Certified copy of long form civil birth certificate for minor (must be certified to be true copy by a solicitor) and certified translation if applicable (must be translated by a certified translator and certified to be true copy by a solicitor).
- A copy of your naturalisation certificate
- Copy of letter granting refugee status if applicable.
- School letters from each school attended by your child from their date of arrival to date of application. The school letters must show enrolment dates and periods of attendance. (Please note: the application form will be returned if the school letters do not contain all the requested information).
- If the minor does not have school letters to show that he/she attended school for 3 years (as the minor was not of school going age) then please submit the following documents:
- A letter from Social and Family Affairs stating that you are in receipt of child benefit for the minor child and when payment commenced.
- A letter from your doctor stating that the minor is registered with the practice and date first registered. Please also include dates the child
attended the surgery.
Please post completed application form and all requested documentation to:
Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform,
The above text is available in the Form 9 Information leaflet
Revised February 2009