This page has been archived
Information on this page was removed from the public website by INIS on 30 November 2016.
The European Return Fund has been superceded by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF):
This page will be permanently deleted by 30 February 2017.
The European Return Fund
The European Return Fund is one of the four financial instruments of the General Programme on "Solidarity and Management of Migration Flows" which encourages a fair share of responsibilities between Member States arising from the introduction of integrated management of the external borders and from the implementation of common policies on asylum and immigration. The other three Funds are: the European Fund for the Integration of Third Country Nationals, the External Borders Fund and the European Refugee Fund.
The European Return Fund establishes a financial solidarity mechanism to support the efforts of Member States to improve the management of return in all its dimensions through the use of the concept of integrated return management, with a preference to voluntary return and with a view to supporting a fair and effective implementation of common standards on return. The Fund will also support joint return actions including several Member States.
The overall budget of this Fund for 2008-2013 is € 676 million, distributed as follows:
- € 632,9 million distributed among Member States on the basis of objective criteria, i.e. the number of third country nationals subject or having been subject to return measures;
- € 43,1 million (7% of the total annual resources each year as from 2009) directly managed by the Commission and dedicated to Community actions.
Ireland is now inviting proposals for projects to be supported through the European Return Fund in accordance with Ireland's Annual Programme 2013. The closing date for applications is 5 p.m. on Friday 1st November 2013.
- Call for Applications 2013 (Size 30KB)
- Annual Programme 2013 (Size 92KB)
- Application Guidelines 2013 (Size 96KB)
- Annual Programme 2012 (Size 94KB)
- Guidelines for 2012 Applications 2012 (Size 92KB)
- Call for Applications 2011 (Size 30KB)
- Guidelines for Applications 2011 (Size 92KB)
- Call for Proposals AP 2011 (Size 153KB)
- Annual Programme 2011 (Size 63KB)
- Multi-Annual Programme 2011 (116KB)
- Advertisement 2010 Fund (30KB)
- Guidelines for applications submitted under European Return Fund 2010 (92KB)
- Application Form European Return Fund 2010 (157KB)
- Multi-Annual Programme 2010 (112KB)
- Annual Programme 2010 (61KB)
- Multi-Annual Programme - Return Fund (130KB)
- Annual Programme 2009 (56KB)
- Annual Programme 2008 (37KB)
- List of Final Beneficiaries of the 2010 Annual Programme (14KB)
- List of Final Beneficiaries of the 2009 Annual Programme (14KB)
- List of Final Beneficiaries of the 2008 Annual Programme (13KB)