Nationals of the following states or territorial entities are required to be in possession of a valid Irish transit visa when arriving at a port in the State for purposes of passing through the port in order to travel to another state.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
If the intention is to leave the port at any stage they must apply for a Visit Visa in the normal way.
Transit Visa - visa application documents required
Applicant must submit proof of travel itinerary: airline tickets showing departure dates & destination,
- Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee. Clearly state that application is for a Transit Visa.
- In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application
- outlining your reason for wishing to visit Ireland,
- giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State
- Passport, valid for 6 months
- Travel itinerary and airline bookings/tickets showing departure dates & destinations.
- If visiting another State prior to travelling to Ireland, the relevant visa for that State must be obtained and in your passport before applying for an Irish visa
- If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused.
- If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, evidence of your permission to reside in that country. This permission should be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure from Ireland.
- Where a child under the age of 18 is travelling alone, the consent of both parents/guardians is required. If the child is travelling with one parent, the consent of the other parent is required. This signed parental consent must be accompanied by a copy of the consenting parent's passport or national identity card showing the bearer's signature.
- Where only one parent has total custody, a Court Order bestowing sole custody of this child must be shown.
Please keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc will not be returned.
If there are specific documents that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a list of these with your application.
All letters submitted should be on official company headed paper and give full contact details for verification purposes. These must include a full postal address, name of contact, position in company, telephone number (landline) and email address where relevant. (Email addresses such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted). Website address should also be included, if available.
All of the above documents must be submitted with your application.
All documentation must be in English or accompanied by a notarised translation.
The provision of all the documentation listed in no way guarantees that a visa will be granted.
Please do not purchase travel tickets prior to a decision being made on the visa application. Doing so may lead to unnecessary additional costs in circumstances where a visa is not granted.