Visa application decisions
Decisions for visa applications are published here every Tuesday.
To check if your application has been approved, download the Visa Decisions document (below) and search for your Visa Transaction Number.
|Download Visas Decisions
for 16 August 2016 to 22 August 2016 (PDF 50KB)
|Download archive of Visas Decisions
for 14 June 2016 to 15 August 2016 (PDF 500KB)
- If your application is approved, you will see the type of visa you are approved for.
- If your application is refused, you will see the reasons why your application was refused.
- If your application is not ready, your number will not appear. Try again next Tuesday.
- Check current visa decision waiting-times for applications in the Dublin Visa Office.
Help & reasons for refusal
How to find your visa number in the decisions PDF
- Download and open the PDF document.
- Press CTRL + F (or CMD + F in Apple Mac) on your keyboard.
- Enter your Visa Transaction Number. (Double-check that you enter it correctly.)
- Click Find.
- If a decision is ready, your number and the visa decision will be shown.
What to do next
If your application is approved
If you sent your visa application directly to the Dublin Visa Office, they will contact you about issuing your visa. Otherwise, contact the embassy or consulate where you made your application.
If your application is refused
You will be sent a letter of refusal that explains why your application was not approved.
You can appeal your visa decision at no additional cost. To do so, you must submit an appeal within 2 months of the date on your letter of refusal.
If you cannot find your application
Visa applications are processed in the order they are received. If you cannot find a decision about your application, it means it has not been processed yet.
Check current visa decision waiting times in the Dublin Visa Office. (These times are updated as they change.)
If you have questions, contact us.
Updated: 23 August 2016