Visa application decisions
Decisions for visa applications are published here every Tuesday.
To check if your application has been approved, download the Visa Decisions document (below) and search for your Visa Transaction Number.
Download visa decisions
Find your visa decision
Search for your visa number
Download and open the PDF document.
Press CTRL + F (or CMD + F in Apple Mac) on your keyboard.
Enter your Visa Transaction Number (double-check you entered it correctly).
- If a decision is ready: Your number and the visa decision will be shown.
- If you cannot find your number: Your application is not ready. Try again next Tuesday.
- Waiting times: Check visa processing waiting times at the Dublin Visa Office.
What your decision means
- Approved: You will see the visa you are approved for, eg study, business, family.
- Refused: You will see the reasons why your application was refused (PDF 30KB).
What to do next
If your application is approved
If you sent your visa application directly to the Dublin Visa Office, they will contact you about issuing your visa.
Otherwise, contact the embassy or consulate where you made your application.
If your application is refused
You will be sent a letter of refusal that explains why your application was not approved.
You can appeal your visa decision at no additional cost. To do so, you must submit an appeal within 2 months of the date on your letter of refusal.
If you cannot find your application
Visa applications are processed in the order they are received. If you cannot find a decision about your application, it means it has not been processed yet.
These times are updated as they change.