Family reunification for recognised refugees
Family Reunification for Refugees can only be sought in cases where a person has been granted Refugee Status in Ireland. If you have been granted Refugee Status and wish to apply for family members to join you in Ireland you must apply in writing to:
Family Reunification Section
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service,
13-14 Burgh Quay,
For information on documents required please refer to this document Family_Reunification_FAQ
If your application for Family Reunification is successful, your family member(s) will then need to apply for a visa to enter Ireland.
The visa application should not be made until such a time as Family Reunification has been granted and Passport or Travel Documents have been obtained.
The visa application should be submitted to the Irish Embassy or Consulate in or accredited to your family member’s country of residence. Details of all Irish Embassies can be found on www.dfa.ie.
For further information on applying for an Irish Visa please refer to Applying for an Irish Visa - Information on completing your online application.
The documents required for the visa application are:
- Fully completed and signed application form
- Original Passport or Travel Document
- Photograph which meets our requirements - Applying for an Irish Visa – Photograph Requirements
- Fee (details of local currency and methods of payment accepted are available from the office to which you make your application)
- Letter that issued from the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service to the Refugee in Ireland granting Family Reunification