Change of status

áAll non-EEA nationals need permission to remain in the State.á Permission to remain will be in the form of an endorsement in your passport confirming the conditions and period of time for which you have permission to remain in the State.

Change of status:

In the case of a non visa required national it is open to you to seek to change your immigration status with your local Immigration Officer, outlining details of your future intentions in the State.á You should be in a position to provide documentary evidence of the proposed change to your immigration status.

Should a visa required national wish to change their status they must first leave the State and apply for the appropriate visa at their nearest Irish Embassy or Consular Office should they wish to return outlining the purpose of their journey.