Permission for training

Apply for permission to attend a training course in Ireland via the schemes or programmes described below. If you wish to do an internship in Ireland, find out how to apply for permission.

Find out how to prepare for border control, if you need a visa & more. These can affect your application in important ways.

3 months or less

Request temporary permission to attend a training course when you arrive at border control in Ireland.

Check your immigration roadmap to find out how to prepare.

More than 3 months

You must apply for permission to attend a training course via an immigration scheme or programme. This includes training in which you are paid, eg work placement.

Nursing or midwifery training, ie clinical adaptation process

Apply via the Atypical Working Scheme.

Accountancy work placement training, including ACCA

Apply based on Immigration Rules for Trainee Accountants.

Other training

Contact the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service for information about how to apply.



If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 9 December 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page