Immigration Service Delivery has launched a new website available at

From July 28, 2021, this website will no longer be updated.


Work for 14 days or less in any job or internship

You must request temporary permission to work in Ireland when you arrive at border control if:

  • Your work or internship here starts and ends within a single 14 day period
  • You will be paid to perform (eg at a concert) or take part in a tournament within a single 14 day period

You do not need an Employment Permit or other working permission. (unless you are working as a doctor).

Find out how to prepare for border control, if you need a visa & more. These can affect your application in important ways.


Note: If you are working as a doctor, you must apply for permission via the Atypical Working Scheme or apply for an Employment Permit. You must register with the Medical Council of Ireland. Read more about working as a doctor.







If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 10 May 2019

Tell us about any issues on this page

Page history

15 September 2017

Text added for paid performances or tournaments within a single 14 day period

9 December 2016

Page re-formatted.