Welcome to the Department of Justice and Equality
Working for a safer, fairer Ireland
Following a period of consultation the Department has prepared a draft Strategy Statement for the period 2015 to 2017, this is due to be published shortly following Government approval
News & Events
YOUR SILENCE FEEDS THE VIOLENCE - if someone you know is a victim of domestic or sexual violence find out how you can help at www.cosc.ie
Magdalen Commission Report and related information.
General Scheme of Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill to provide for the establishment of a new Policing Authority General Scheme for Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill (PDF - 1063KB)
Latest Press Releases
- 25/03/2015 Minister Fitzgerald publishes General Scheme of the International Protection Bill to reduce waiting times for asylum applicants
- 25/03/2015 Minister Ó Ríordáin welcomes publication of the General Scheme of the International Protection Bill
- 13/03/2015 Minister of State Murphy welcomes progress made on Data Protection Regulation at Justice and Home Affairs Council
- 11/03/2015 Minister Fitzgerald welcomes passing of legislation to provide health services for women who worked in Magdalen laundries
- 11/03/2015 Minister for Equality addresses Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations in New York
- More Press Releases....