Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 06/03/2014 Probation Service Annual Report 2013
- 06/03/2014 Irish Prison Service Annual Report 2013
- 06/03/2014 Joint Womens Strategy March 2014
- 05/03/2014 Limerick Prison Visiting Committee Annual Report 2013
- 25/02/2014 Court of Appeal Bill 2014
- 05/02/2014 General Scheme - Criminal Justice (Community Sanctions) Bill
This Act may be cited as the Criminal Justice (Community Sanctions) Act 2014. This Act shall come into operation on such day or days as the Minister may appoint, by order or orders, either generally or with reference to any particular purpose or provision and different days may be so appointed for different purposes or different provisions.
- 30/01/2014 General Scheme of a Children and Family Relationships Bill
An act to provide for presumptions of paternity, the determination of parentage and declarations of parentage and to address parentage issues in the context of assisted reproduction and surrogacy, to prescribe the law relating to surrogacy arrangements and to make provision for the use of DNA tests to assist in the determination of parentage and to consolidate and reform the law relating to the guardianship and custody of and access to children and to make further provision in relation to the maintenance of children under the family law (maintenance of spouses and children) act, 1976 and to amend the law relating to the registration and re-registration of births and to amend the law on adoption and to provide for connected matters.
- 30/01/2014 General Scheme of the Children and Family Relationships Bill Policy Rationale
Most children live in marital families with their biological parents. However, a significant minority of children live in other family types. Census 2011 indicated that there were 215,300 families headed by lone parents with children in Ireland in 2011; 44% of the parents had never been married.
- 20/01/2014 North-South Co-Operation on Criminal Justice Matters 2013-14
An Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) on Cooperation on Criminal Justice Matters provides the framework for North/South cooperation in this area. It provides for meetings between the Justice Ministers North and South, who receive reports from a Working Group made up of officials from both jurisdictions. The Working Group is supported by a number of Project Advisory Groups which take forward work strands across a range of areas including youth justice, forensic science, public protection and support for victims. The 2013/2014 work programme has been prepared under the terms of the IGA and has been approved by Ministers.
- 14/01/2014 Report of the Expert Group on Repossessions