Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 28/07/2014 Report of the Independent Review Group on the Dept Justice & Equality
- 11/07/2014 Garda Professional Standards Unit Annual Report for 2013
Minister Fitzgerald has published the 2013 annual report of the Professional Standards Unit of the Garda Síochána (GPSU). The function of the GPSU is to examine and review, as directed by the Commissioner, the operational, administrative and management performance of the Garda Síochána at all levels, and to propose measures to improve that performance and promote the highest standard of practice.
- 03/07/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner K - 2013
- 01/07/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner J - 2013
- 01/07/2014 Garda Síochana Act 2005 (Section 42) (Special Inquiries relating to Garda Síochana) Order 2013
- 16/06/2014 Nomination of an Irish Member to the Council of Europe (CoE) Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT).
- 13/06/2014 RIA Annual Report 2013
- 05/06/2014 S.I. No. 212 of 2014 - Civil Partnership (Recognition of Registered Foreign Relationships) Order 2014
This Order declares certain classes of registered foreign relationship to be entitled to be recognised in the State as a civil partnership. The Order is made on the basis of the Minister for Justice and Equality being satisfied that the class of foreign relationship complies with subsection (1) of section 5 of the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010.
- 30/05/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner E - 2013
- 30/05/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner B - 2012