Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 17/12/2014 Report into the death of Prisoner C in the Midlands Prison on 30th January, 2012
- 27/11/2014 General Scheme of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2014
- 21/11/2014 Community Return Study Report v3.9
The Community Return Programme is a unique and innovative initiative, developed and introduced in Ireland in 2011. No other jurisdiction, as yet, has an equivalent programme with the result that the Department of Justice and Equality, the Probation Service and the Irish Prison Service were working in uncharted waters in establishing the Community Return Programme.
- 21/11/2014 Council of Europe Group of States Against Corruption (GRECO) - Fourth Evaluation Round Report on Ireland October 2014 - Corruption Prevention in Respect of members of Parliament, Judges and Prosecutors
- 18/11/2014 Garda Inspectorate - Crime Investigation Report
- 13/11/2014 Department of Justice and Equality/An Garda Síochána Working Group on Review of Firearms Licensing
In September 2013 the Secretary General of the Department of Justice and Equality (DOJE) proposed the setting up of a Working Group to review firearms licensing. The Commissioner of An Garda Síochána agreed to the Secretary General’s proposal to establish a Joint Department of Justice and Equality (DOJE) / Garda Síochána Working Group to address firearms licensing issues, following concerns raised by the Garda Commissioner in relation to this area and in particular with regard to issues concerning the continued licensing of handguns.
- 07/11/2014 General Scheme of Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill
- 21/10/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner F - 2013
- 09/10/2014 Office of the Inspector of Prisons Annual Report 2013/2014
- 08/10/2014 Criminal Assets Bureau Annual Report 2013
In accordance with the provisions of Section 21 of the Criminal Assets Bureau Act 1996, I am pleased to present to you, the 2013 Annual Report of the Criminal Assets Bureau.