Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
- 30/12/2010 Mental Health (Criminal Law) Review Board Annual Report 2009
The 2009 Annual Report of the Mental Health (Criminal Law) Review Board which was established on 27th September 2006, under the Criminal Law (Insanity) Act 2006 (the Act). A total of 167 individual reviews of detention of patients took place in 2009.
- 22/12/2010 Options for Regulating Gambling
The Minister for Justice and Law Reform, Mr Dermot Ahern, T.D., has published Options for Regulating Gambling as a source document for any new regulatory architecture for gambling. Options for Regulating Gambling is a major step on the road towards developing a new fully regulated environment for the sector, reflecting 21st century thinking in this area of complex public policy.
- 07/12/2010 Report of the Implementation Group following an Investigation by Judge Michael Reilly into the handling of the sentencing, release and post release procedures in a criminal matter
Report of the Implementation Group following an Investigation by Judge Michael Reilly into the handling of the sentencing, release and post release procedures in a criminal matter
- 07/12/2010 Report of an investigation by Judge Michael Reilly, Inspector of Prisons, into the handling of the sentencing, release and post release procedures in a criminal matter
Report of an investigation by Judge Michael Reilly, Inspector of Prisons, into the handling of the sentencing, release and post release procedures in a criminal matter
- 09/11/2010 General Scheme of the Criminal Justice (Community Service) (Amendment) Bill 2010
General Scheme of the Criminal Justice (Community Service) (Amendment) Bill 2010
- 04/11/2010 Twenty-Fifth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission
A report on the continuing activities of paramilitary groups in Northern Ireland, presented under Articles 4 and 7 of the International Agreement establishing the Indepent Monitoring Commission; the report focuses mainly on the six month period 1 March to 31 August 2010.
- 03/11/2010 Annual Report 2009 on the Operation of the European Arrest Warrant Act 2003
Report on the operation of the European Arrest Warrant Act 2003 (as amended) in the year 2009 made to the Houses of the Oireachtas by the Central Authority in the person of the Minister for Justice and Law Reform pursuant to section 6(6) of the European Arrest Warrant Act 2003.
- 26/10/2010 Criminal Assets Bureau Annual Report 2009
This is the fourteenth annual report of the activities of the Criminal Assets Bureau and covers the period 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2009 inclusive.
- 22/10/2010 Prison Visiting Committee Annual Reports 2009
The 2009 annual reports of the Prison Visiting Committees for Arbour Hill, Castlerea, Cloverhill, Cork, Dochas, Limerick, Loughan House, Midlands, Mountjoy, Portlaoise, Shelton Abbey, St. Patrick's Institution, the Training Unit and Wheatfield.
- 22/10/2010 Inspector of Prisons Reports
Inspector of Prisons Annual Report March 2009 - September 2010 The Irish Prison Population - an examination of duties and obligations owed to prisoners Guidance on Best Practice relating to Prisoners' Complaints and Prison Discipline Office Report of an Investigation on the use of 'Special Cells' in Irish Prisons Office