Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 13/12/2000 Partnership 2000 Working Group Report on Equality Proofing
A report that makes recommendations on an equality-proofing policy, specifically in the context of the National Anti-Poverty Strategy, and on the feasibility of a wide-ranging application of equality proofing
- 13/12/2000 National Childcare Strategy: Report of the Expert Working Group on Childcare
A report of the working group, whose purpose it is to develop a strategy that integrates the different strands of the current arrangements for the development and delivery of childcare and early educational services
- 11/12/2000 The Impact and Effectiveness of the Garda Special Projects
An evaluation of the success of the Garda Special Projects in targeting young offenders, reducing their offending behaviour and improving quality of life in areas where projects are in operation
- 08/12/2000 S.I. No. 429 of 2000 – Coroners Act 1962 (Fees and Expenses) Regulations 2000
Regulations setting out the fees and expenses payable for certain services related to post-mortems and inquests
- 07/12/2000 Review of the Coroner Service – Report of the Working Group
A review of all aspects of the coroner service in Ireland and equivalent services in other jurisdictions; the report identifies issues that must be addressed to ensure the coroner service meets the needs of society.
- 22/10/2000 Study on the Economics of Childcare in Ireland
Report of a study into the economics of childcare services, including current and future demand, costs and benefits, and the job potential of the sector
- 26/04/2000 Equal Opportunities Childcare Programme 2000–2006: General Guidelines for Funding
Guidelines on funding provided by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform for capital and staffing schemes aimed at the development of childcare
- 25/02/2000 First Report of the Criminal Legal Aid Review Committee
The first report of the Criminal Legal Aid Review Committee (October 1999), examining the feasibility of introducing a public defender system for Ireland