Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
- 31/12/2009 Mental Health (Criminal Law) Review Board Annual Report 2008
Mental Health (Criminal Law) Review Board Annual Report 2008
- 30/12/2009 Criminal Assets Bureau - Annual Report 2008
Criminal Assets Bureau - Annual Report 2008
- 17/12/2009 National Commission on Restorative Justice Final Report
Over the past two years the Commission has examined existing restorative justice practices in Ireland and abroad and considered their effectiveness as a response in the criminal justice system to offending behaviour.
- 01/12/2009 S.I. No. 471 of 2009 - Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009 (Commencement) (Section 132) Order 2009
This Statutory Instrument brings into operation section 132 of the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009 (review of rent in certain cases) with effect from February 2010.
- 05/11/2009 Responsible Retailing of Alcohol in Ireland Ltd, First Compliance Report
The First Compliance Report on the implementation of the Code of Practice on the Sale and Display of Alcohol Products in Mixed Trading Premises which was submitted to the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform on 30 September 2009 by Padraic White, Chairperson of the Responsible Retailing of Alcohol in Ireland Ltd.
- 04/11/2009 Twenty-Second Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission
A report on the continuing activities of paramilitary groups in Northern Ireland, presented under Articles 4 and 7 of the International Agreement establishing the Indepent Monitoring Commission; the report covers the six-month period from 1 March 2009 to 31 August 2009.
- 23/10/2009 Prison Visiting Committee Annual Reports 2008
The 2008 annual reports of the Prison Visiting Committees for Arbour Hill, Castlerea, Cloverhill, Cork, Dochas, Limerick, Loughan House, Midlands, Mountjoy, Portlaoise, Shelton Abbey, St. Patrick's Institution, the Training Unit and Wheatfield.
- 13/10/2009 Value for Money and Policy Review of the Community Service Scheme, October 2009
Value for Money and Policy Review of the Community Service Scheme, October 2009
- 07/10/2009 Data Protection Review Group Consultation Paper
The Data Protection Review Group has decided to publish this Consultation document to discuss a number of areas of the broad topic of data protection. The main regulatory options available are identified and interested parties are asked to provide comments thereon by 30/10/2009 to assist the Group reach a balanced conclusion on how Ireland should address the issue of the most appropriate legislative response to data breaches.