Garda & Policing
- 18/11/2014 Garda Inspectorate - Crime Investigation Report
- 07/11/2014 General Scheme of Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill
- 01/07/2014 Garda Síochana Act 2005 (Section 42) (Special Inquiries relating to Garda Síochana) Order 2013
- 26/03/2014 Examination by GSOC of Fixed Charge Processing System submitted in 2009
Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission examination of Practice, Policy and Procedure under section 106(2) in regard to the Fixed Charge Processing System as operated by the Garda Síochána. Submitted to the Department in April 2009.
- 12/03/2014 Report of the Garda Síochána Inspectorate
The Garda Síochána Inspectorate Report is to ensure that the resources available to the Garda Síochána are used so as to achieve and maintain the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness in its operation and administration, as measured by reference to the best standards of comparable police services.
- 29/08/2013 Working Group to Advise on a System Providing for the Presence of a Legal Representative During Garda Interviews
The Minister for Justice and Equality established a working group in January 2013 to advise on a system providing for the presence of a legal representative during Garda interviews. This was prompted by emerging international jurisprudence and in particular by the draft EU Directive on Access to a Lawyer in Criminal Proceedings.
- 15/05/2013 Report from the Garda Professional Standards Unit on its examination of the processes and systems in place to deal with the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices
On the 30th November 2012, the Garda Commissioner directed the Garda Professional Standards Unit (GPSU) to carry out an Examination of the processes and systems in place to deal with cancellation of Fixed Charge Processing System notices by Superintendents and Inspectors acting in that capacity.
- 15/05/2013 Report on Allegations of Irregularities in the Operation of the Fixed Charge Processing System (FCPS)
Examination of correspondence received from the Department of Justice & Equality on the 19th October 2012 concerning allegations of irregularities in the operation of the Fixed Charge Processing System (FCPS).
- 11/03/2013 Front-Line Supervision Report - Implementation Report
- 01/08/2012 Draft General Scheme of the Garda Síochána Compensation (Malicious Injuries) Bill 2012
Department of Justice and Equality, maintaining and enhancing community security and promoting a fair society through a range of policies and high quality services.