Prisons & Probation
1997 | 1999 | 2001 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 17/09/2014 Strategic Review of Penal Policy
- 12/09/2014 Report of investigations into the deaths of prisoners in custody
- 12/09/2014 Overview of Mountjoy Prison Campus with particular emphasis on the Separation Unit by the Inspector of Prisons Judge Michael Reilly
- 10/09/2014 Parole Board Annual Report 2013
- 03/09/2014 Publication of Inspector of Prisons Deaths In Custody Reports 2013
- 21/08/2014 Report on Loughan House Open Centre
- 18/08/2014 Midlands Prison Visiting Committee Annual Report 2013
The Midlands Prison Visiting Committee have a function of ensuring that all prisoners in the care of the Irish Prison Service at the Midlands Prison are treated fairly and humanely and also with dignity and respect. The Committee meet in the Prison on the second Thursday of every month whereby we conduct our monthly meetings and meet with any prisoners requesting to see us. Also two members visit on one other visit during that month and if requested by Prison Management on other occasions which are very rare.
- 18/08/2014 Wheatfield Prison Visiting Committee Annual Report 2013
We, the undersigned members of Wheatfield Prison Visiting Committee are pleased to present the Annual Report year ending 2013. The Visiting Committee comprises of four members at the time of this report being compiled. The committee visits the prison on the second Tuesday of every month, with two members of the committee conducting the follow up visits generally two weeks later. There has also been an unannounced visit to the prison to review its operations.
- 18/08/2014 Training Unit Visiting Committee Annual Report 2013
- 18/08/2014 Mountjoy Prison Visiting Committee Annual Report 2013
The Visiting Committee would like to thank the Minister for Justice, Equality & Defence, The Director General of the Irish Prison Service (IPS) and Governor Whelan and his staff for the significant improvements to the building structure of Mountjoy Prison, which are now at an advanced stage. The provision of incell sanitation to all prisoners is a major element of the prison renovation programme. At the invitation of the Governor, a member of the Visiting Committee has attended meetings where renovation plans have been outlined. An integral part of prison renovation programme will see a consolidated maintenance programme put in place.