White Paper on Crime
The Department of Justice and Equality is developing a White Paper on Crime which is due for publication in 2012.
The White Paper will set out the overall policy framework for strategies to combat and prevent crime which will be contained in a National Anti-Crime Strategy.
The development of the White Paper has involved the examination of system-wide approaches to intervention, prevention and enforcement, with a view to reducing offending and protecting the public. The process incorporated extensive national consultations with members of the public and other interested bodies.
In this section, find out about:
- Overview of the White Paper on Crime Process
- First Discussion Document – ‘Crime Prevention and Community Safety’
- First Discussion Document - 'Crime Prevention and Community Safety' - Summary of Consultation Outcomes
- Second Discussion Document - 'Criminal Sanctions'
- Second Discussion Document - 'Criminal Sanctions' - Summary of Consultation Outcomes
- Third Discussion Document 'Organised and White Collar Crime'
- Third Discussion Document - 'Organised and White Collar Crime' - Summary of Consultation Outcomes
- Fourth Discussion Document – 'The Community and the Criminal Justice System'
- Fourth Discussion Document - 'The Community and the Criminal Justice System' - Summary of Consultation Outcomes
- Summary of Consultation Outcomes – "Older Citizens and the Issue of Crime"
- Summary of Consultation Outcomes – "Report of the White Paper on Crime Consultation with Young People"
- Subscribe for Updates