- 02/09/2014 Regulatory Reform of the International Education Sector and the Student Immigration Regime
Ireland has a strong reputation for delivery of high‐quality education services both to our own citizens and those who come here from abroad. A degree from an Irish university, Institute of Technology or high‐quality private sector provider is an indicator of significant educational achievement, highly valued by our students and employers alike. Ireland is also a specialist in high‐quality English Language tuition. Many thousands of students from the EU and around the world come to Ireland for full‐time or short‐term programmes.
- 02/09/2014 Report of the Task Force on students affected by private college closures
On 21 May 2014 the Minister for Education and Skills and the Minister for Justice and Equality announced the establishment of a Task Force on Students Affected by the Closure of Private Colleges.
- 31/12/2013 Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification
1.1 The purpose of this document is to set out a statement of Irish national immigration policy in the area of family reunification. In particular, it will outline in a more transparent manner the way in which the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and the Immigration system generally will deal with cases involving issues of family reunification.
- 18/06/2012 RIA Annual Report 2011
Department of Justice and Equality, maintaining and enhancing community security and promoting a fair society through a range of policies and high quality services.
- 06/07/2011 S.I. No. 345 0f 2011 - Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) (No. 2) Order 2011
S.I. No. 345 0f 2011 - Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) (No. 2) Order 2011
- 22/09/2010 New Immigration Regime for Full Time Non-EEA Students
Final Report and Recommendations of the Interdepartmental Committee September 2010 Final Report and Recommendations of the Interdepartmental Committee September 2010
- 30/07/2010 Value for Money and Policy Review of the Asylum Seeker Accommodation Programme
Value for Money and Policy Review of the Asylum Seeker Accommodation Programme
- 01/09/2009 Proposed New Immigration Regime for Full Time Non-EEA Students, September 2009
The Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform is therefore setting out a series of proposals aimed at reform of the regulatory environment for student migration and the promotion of policy coherence. This Consultation Paper is the first step in this process and other Government Departments have been consulted in its preparation.